Covid-19, 16 March 2020 update
This is the update that was posted on the 16th March 2020. Please view the Covid-19 page for the latest update.
We will follow the government advice for an educational setting, which is that:
- staff, young people and children should stay at home if they are unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature to avoid spreading infection to others. Otherwise they should attend education or work as normal.
- if staff, young people or children become unwell on site with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature they should be sent home.
I plan to keep some normality for the children at this time and help them avoid worry or concern with a bit of structure and routine – and of course fun!
However, if you don’t feel comfortable with your child entering dance classes at this time I do understand.
I’m here to help
If you are required to self isolate and need anything at all or are struggling – please get in touch as I’ll do my very best to help you out, and I really do mean that.
In uncertain times like this we must look out for each other, take care of one another and stay safe. The health, safety and well being of all of our members are my biggest priority.
Take care and hopefully see you at class.
Plan for PAD during the Covid-19 pandemic
- If I or one of my family members show symptoms or become unwell we will close PAD unless a suitable cover teacher can be found whilst I self isolate.
- Please can you do the same- if any of your household show symptoms of Covid-19 or any other illness (as passing these around could weaken immune systems) please do stay home and avoid coming into class.
- I’m aware that as of today pregnant women were added to the government’s list of potentially vulnerable people for this virus. Which as you all hopefully know adds myself into the vulnerable group and several of the mums at the dance school who are also expecting. I’m currently reviewing this and will make decisions in the upcoming days and weeks.
- Exams are due to go ahead, if the exam board stop them going ahead or I need to close PAD due to health or government guidance I will endeavour to acquire an alternative date for exams to take place in the future.
- If your child is unable to attend their exam due to ill health or self isolation as a family please email me as I will apply for a refund from the exam board.
- As parents please can you encourage your child to wash their hands before entering their dance class. I shall be encouraging the younger juniors (Tues & Sat) who bring packed lunches to wash hands between each shoe change when they usually eat their food.
- Should students wish to bring their own alcohol gel to class- feel free! Also if they would like their own towel to dry their hands on again feel free. All the buildings we use do have disposable paper towels available to dry hands on and antibacterial soap.
- We will take extra steps to keep surfaces cleaned throughout sessions and also the props we use in classes. All buildings we use are cleaned regularly.
- We shall not be selling tuckshop items on a Saturday that are not individually wrapped.
- Also, please can you send your child with their own water bottle to avoid sharing.
myPAD – home practice
If we do close in the upcoming days/weeks I will aim to upload content, for home practice and activities to keep the students busy, to our member website – myPAD.
Changes to this page
Guidance from the Government is changing on a daily basis. So while this is our stance today it might change tomorrow or in the very near future.
Should anything change to the status of the dance school it will be updated on this page (with time stamp) and I will email you at your usual email address. Otherwise, please refer to the “Plan for PAD”.
Please be sensible, patient and wise at this time.
From my family to yours,