The aim of PAD is to ensure that all students experience dance in a fun, friendly, relaxed and safe environment. In order to achieve this, please take note of the following guidelines.
- It is vital that students arrive in good time for their classes. If students are late for class they may miss vital information or a vital section of the class such as the warm up. This will also disturb the learning of others.
- Regular attendance is extremely important. If students do not attend on a regular basis then the development of the individual and the class will be affected.
- Students are expected to keep the rules and regulations of PAD. Students are expected to behave in an orderly, civilised and well mannered way when attending and to show respect to their teachers and the building.
- Students should be dressed appropriately for the class they are attending, including the regulation footwear. If hair is long enough to do so it should be tied back in a ponytail, plaits or similar. All jewellery should be removed.
- New students should ensure that they have the correct footwear and dancewear by their 5th class (one month in).
- Students should bring a bottle of water to all classes to ensure staying appropriately hydrated.
- PAD recommends that students keep themselves warm, ensuring that they are dressed appropriately for the styles of dance that they are to partake in.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Members participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform the staff of any existing injuries or medical conditions. If a member feels unwell during their class they must inform their teacher.
- During class, members are expected to listen and focus, giving all other students and members of staff respect. If a student is causing disruption they may be asked to sit out for a section of a class. If this continues parents will be informed and the student may be asked to leave the dance school.
- Students should not have mobile phones out during classes. If students choose to bring a mobile phone it should be kept inside their bag and on silent or turned off throughout the whole class. Students who breach this rule will be first given a verbal warning, following that parents will be informed.
- You/your children are responsible for your/your children’s belongings. We request you name items of uniform and clothing. Although we will store any lost property that we find after class, we cannot be liable for lost or damaged property. Lost property will only be kept for 6 weeks.
- If the fire alarm sounds, students will be escorted out of the building, making their way immediately to the nearest fire exit to the fire meeting point.
All members and their parents/guardians of the dance school community are expected to:
- be responsible for their own actions and know how to behave.
- show self-discipline and support others.
- have good manners and be polite.
- show understanding and respect towards each other and others’ property.
- display positive attitudes to the school and staff team.
Should we believe that these standards are not being met, we will speak to the parent/guardian to try and resolve any issues. Should the behaviour continue to not meet our expectations, our Principal reserves the right to ask that student to leave the school.
Last updated 1st January 2021